Get a free SCARS short story. Sign up for News & Goodies from YA Author Cheryl Rainfield
Love my books? Join my Street Team! You'll have my deep gratitude, hear book news first, get swag, and enter to win private contests
Alternatives To Self-Harm
by Cheryl Rainfield, 2011
- Ask for a hug;
- Talk it out;
- Look at feel-good images;
- Listen to soothing music;
- Write, paint, or dance it out;
- Pat or play with pets.
- Forgive yourself, and the child you once were;
- Remember how vulnerable you were;
- Turn your anger on your abusers (in your mind);
- Treat yourself the way you would a friend, someone you love.
- Go for a run;
- Punch a pillow;
- Throw raw eggs into the tub;
- Scream into a pillow.
Alternative to Suicide:
- Call a crisis line;
- Talk to a friend. Tell them how you feel;
- Read Mari Collings' Reasons Not to Kill Yourself.
Written by Cheryl Rainfield, author of Scars, a teen novel about a girl who self-harms to cope with abuse.
Click here to download Alternatives to Self-Harm.
©Cheryl Rainfield, 2011
If you like this article, you may post it on your website or use it in your print publication, as long as you provide a link back to my site (http://www.CherylRainfield.com), and credit me. I'd also really like to know where you put my article, but you don't have to let me know in order to use it.